Improving Your Online
Presence as a Photographer
As a modern photographer, your website, social media, and other online activities are vital to marketing, branding, client relationships, and lead generation. This workshop will look at the online world as we move into 2018, offering current tips and tactics to make the most from your website and social media efforts. As the online world changes, it's important to alter your internet activities to continue to reach the right audience.
Topics to be addressed include:
* The most important content for your website
* Why blogs are important for a photography website (probably not the reason you thought)
* Current, updated best practices for search engine optimization (SEO), and why tactics from 2012-2013 are going to lead to massive failure in 2018.
* Identifying the best social networks for your photography business. There's more than just Facebook...
* Balancing your online presence with your offline marketing and networking efforts
* How to use online tools to provide better service to your clients before, during, and after the shoot
* Email: the forgotten social network
You'll walk away from the workshop equipped with knowledge and suggestions for tools to help you grow your photography business in an increasingly-online world.
Presented by Aaron Hockley, Cr.Photog., FP-OR
A professional photographer with a background in technology. Aaron is a PPA Photographic Craftsman, and he represented USA as a 2015 World Photographic Cup finalist and was awarded third place for Commercial/Illustrative photography at PPA's 2015 Grand Imaging Awards. Aaron is an OPPA Fellow of Photography, the 2014 OPPA President's Award recipient and is currently serving OPPA as President for 2017. Over the past eight years he's spoken about the intersection of photography and online media at various international, national, and regional events.
NOTE: There will be a lunch break, mid session, lunch on own.
This workshop is PPA-accredited; PPA attendees who attend the entire session will receive one PPA merit.