Do you love wine? How about gourmet food in a picturesque setting? Not just at one, but two wineries! Sit back, have fun, and let us take you on a country tour! Besides the wineries, we will be visiting a 25 year old family owned orchard, with a fantastic red barn and silo, plus a charming country store. If there's time, there will be also be a surprise stop.
Fee INCLUDES lunch. We will be eating lunch, picnic style, at the winery with outdoor tables/chairs, landscaped grounds and indoor tasting room. Bring a small finger food to share, AND we will have home made crepes, made with a secret batter recipe and your choice of fillings, as follows:
- Classic: crepe drizzled with honey, powdered sugar, dollop of whip cream, served with a lemon slice
- Carmen Miranda: Fresh strawberries, sliced bananas, real whipped cream, topped with a sprinkle of powdered sugar and fresh mint.
- Elvis: Sliced bananas, creamy peanut butter, topped with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkling of powdered sugar
- Reeses: Creamy peanut butter, Nutella hazelnut spread, topped with a drizzle of Hershey's chocolate syrup
- Banana Boat: Sliced bananas, topped with a drizzle of Hershey's chocolate syrup and a dollop of whip cream, with homemade chocolate garnish
- Berry Delight: Homemade berry jam, with a dollop of whip cream and a sprinkle of powdered sugar. Garnished with a mint leaf
Please bring a finger food to share (such as cheese and crackers, nuts, marinated veggies, fresh fruit, veggies and dip, hummus and pita, juice, etc.).
Bring comfortable walking shoes that can get dirty (walking in vineyards/fields), and money (please buy a tasting or bottle of wine, to thank the winery for graciously having our group and paving the way to come back again!) Note that there will be uneven ground we will be walking over, be sure to watch your step in the fields. As always, please drink responsibly.
Note the starting location; it is only accessible while traveling westbound. The park & ride is next to Denny's.
This is a members-only OPPA photo safari.
From previous attendees:
"This was the best so far... There was a theme and a purpose... the host and company were all great!"
"Thank you to Dana, again, for a great event. And a special thank you for making awesome crepes for everyone!"
"Great outing! Enjoyed the scenery, the barns, the crepes…..guess I just enjoyed it all. Thanks for organizing this wonderful day."
"Enjoyed the multiple locations and great coordination made it flow well Dana."
"Awesome from the first moment! Great gathering!! Loved the venues! A MUST for the next time....thanks, Dana!"
"Dana keeps out-doing herself, but then again, perhaps that just Dana!!! Everything about today was absolutely fabulous...and the crepes...devine!! "